Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Racing Against the Clock

In the midst of doing revisions on one of my books today, I needed to get up and move around and let my eyes focus on something besides typewritten words. Conscious that I hadn't gotten my 10,000 steps in the past several days, I decided to see how much housework I could do in 30 minutes. I was going to race against the clock, keeping track of everything I got accomplished. I ended up going 35 because I was in the middle of a task at the 30-minute mark, but here's the list:

1. Washed the dishes
2. Vacuumed the hallway, my office, the living room and the dining room
3. Cleaned the guest bathroom (countertop, toilet and floor)
4. Dusted the photo frames in the hallway and the furniture in the living room
5. Cleaned the kitchen countertops

Not bad, eh? I think I'll do this again tomorrow. I'm always up for competition, even with myself. :) Plus, the tasks need to get done anyway, so why not use it to add to my steps/activity?

Do you all ever compete with yourself, trying to outdo previous accomplishments?

Today's progress:

Calorie intake: A bit higher today at 1,455.5, but it should go down tomorrow as my lunch won't be as high. I did the grocery shopping today and stocked up on Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones dinners.

Exercise: 35 minutes housecleaning

Steps: 9,834 -- almost back up to 10,000 (It helps when you wander around lost in the being-remodeled Walmart.)

2 comments:

Unknown on August 19, 2009 at 12:50 PM said...

OK. I'm impressed with how much house-cleaning you got done in 30 minutes. I should really use it as inspiration as I pretty much hate housecleaning and have a high ability to ignore all that really needs to get done.

Trish Milburn on August 19, 2009 at 10:07 PM said...

When I'm on deadline, I tend to let things like cleaning slide and it drives me crazy. Instead of waiting until my deadline was over and then cleaning like a mad woman for two days, I decided to try to tackle it in 30-minute segments. Today, I actually did 50 minute, but in two 15-minute segments and one 20-minute one.

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon