Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hungry Girl

I got caught at Target today during a huge thunderstorm, so I did more wandering around as usual (good for Target's bottom line, not so much for my credit card). Among the things I picked up, however, were two pocket guide calorie counters -- one from The Biggest Loser and one from the Calorie King -- so I can look up calorie counts easily while traveling or when I don't have my computer on.

The other book I got was a cookbook -- Hungry Girl 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories. I'm going to be trying out the various recipes in the weeks ahead reporting the results here. Perhaps I'll even go the extra mile and pot photos of my efforts. :) Hungry Girl is Lisa Lillien also has a Web site at http://www.hungry-girl.com/ where you'll find lots of good info about foods. Lillien is not a doctor or nutritionist, but according to her bio on the site she's a lover of food and researches quite a bit. I just signed up for her daily e-mail service, so I'll let you know what it's like when I start receiving them.

While we're on the topic of cookbooks...do you all have any favorite cookbooks for healthier recipes?

Today's progress:

Calorie count: 1,373

Exercise: None. Was in a funk today and I let it get the better of me. Sigh. Tomorrow, I'm on the road again, but I plan to at least get my steps in tomorrow.

Steps: 3,916 (Lame, lame, lame. But tomorrow is another day.)

3 comments:

Marilyn Brant on August 21, 2009 at 9:51 AM said...

We all have days when it's tough to get the exercise in. I think you're doing great, Trish. Keep at it :).

Trish Milburn on August 22, 2009 at 12:22 AM said...

Thanks, Marilyn.

Michelle Butler on August 22, 2009 at 7:02 PM said...

I love healthy cooking cookbooks and have a huge selection. Two of my favorites are Weight Watchers Favorite Homestyle Recipes (1993) and Weight Watchers Simply the Best 250 Prizewinning Family Recipes (1999). Both are collections of successful WW members favorite recipes.

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon