Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Outside

After several weeks of being chained to my computer trying to meet my deadline, it was so nice to spend time outside today. Not only did I get three hours of exercise is, I also got the entire back yard mowed and my car washed and vacuumed. And I was able to enjoy wonderful weather. It has cooled down a bit the past few days. The days have been in the mid 70s -- perfect weather. When it's in the 70s, I want to be outside more because it's not too hot and it's not too cold. I want to do yard work, go hiking, drive with the windows down.

I have a lot more yard work lined up for next week after I get back from Dragon*Con -- the huge sci fi/fantasy/pop culture fan convention in Atlanta this weekend. I'm on a YA panel on Sunday, but the rest of the time I'm going to be indulging my inner geek. And I'm willing to bet that I'm going to get lots of steps in with all the walking I'll be doing from event to event and all over downtown Atlanta.

What about you all? Do you like it when the air begins to feel a little like fall? Does it make you want to get outside more?
~~~

Today's progress:

Calorie intake: 1,262

Exercise: 2 hours mowing, 1 hour washing and vacuuming car

Steps: 16,871 (woot!)

8 comments:

Tami Brothers on September 2, 2009 at 5:53 AM said...

Hey Trish,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up that I mentioned this blog over at Petit Fours and Hot Tamales Blog in my post today. I love what you are doing over here and just know that even though I don't comment very often (read it on Google Reader at work -where no commenting is allowed), I AM following you!

Tami

Mary Curry on September 2, 2009 at 8:20 AM said...

Hi Trish,

We've had similar weather in NYC this week and it's glorious! I just got back from taking the dog for a really long walk. I was thinking of you and thinking I should have put the pedometer on to measure the steps. Alas, for me this is back-to-school week so I can't be out as much as possible, but the sun shining in and the breeze blowing through open windows makes my classroom a lovely place to be.
Have a great time at Dragon*Con.

Michelle Butler on September 2, 2009 at 9:27 AM said...

I love fall! The just-so-slight-nip-in-the-air in the mornings has brought a smile to my face. I love the four seasons (really missed them when I lived in TX where it's summer or not summer) and am excited when everyone starts - even winter. The first snow is so pretty and then you top it off with lovely holiday decorations - and it makes you appreciate the spring so much more. I'm even excited to start thinking about changing over my clothes. For once, I'm excited to see what fits bc most of it is too big as opposed to too small.

Trish Milburn on September 2, 2009 at 9:32 AM said...

Thanks, Tami. I am excited to see that we have 13 followers now on Google. Hopefully, there are lots of other readers out there too. Oh, I need to set this blog up on my Google Analytics.

Trish Milburn on September 2, 2009 at 9:34 AM said...

MaryC, I bet with living in NYC you get tons of walking in. And I bet Central Park is pretty in the fall. I've been to NYC three times and still haven't managed to make it to Central Park.

Trish Milburn on September 2, 2009 at 9:46 AM said...

Michelle, I just bought my first fall outfit this week, for my 20th high school reunion (Gasp! That isn't possible!). I don't mind fall, but you know I'm not a fan of winter. It would be okay if it was only in, say, December and I could guarantee the roads wouldn't get bad for holiday traveling. :)

Deb Marlowe on September 2, 2009 at 3:22 PM said...

Have a great time at DragonCon! And feel good about all those steps!

Trish Milburn on September 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM said...

Thanks, Deb. I'm really curious what the daily counts are going to be.

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon