Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekly Goals

Sundays are a good time to assess how you did with your goals for the past week and to set goals for the upcoming week. With that in mind, we've decided to dedicate Sundays to discussions of goals. I encourage everyone to post your fitness/wellness goals for the week, and since we're all writers, why don't we throw writing goals into the mix too just for fun. :) Also, if you have any tips about how you keep yourself on track as the week progresses, we'd love to hear them, too.

So, for this week, my goals are:

1. At least one hour of dedicated exercise every day -- something like walking, biking, cardio.

2. No eating out.

3. Try two new recipes from my Hungry Girl cookbook.

4. Lose a pound.

5. Cull from a different room each day, getting some extra physical activity in and prepping stuff for a yard sale.

6. Writing: Read through women's fiction manuscript and send to my agent for submission to editor she met at National. And do an editing/read-through for a friend.
~~~
I'm happy to report that as of Friday morning, I hit the 10 pounds lost mark. Yay!

Yesterday's progress:

Calorie intake: The above goal about not eating out comes because of another high-calorie, eating out day, with approximately 1,999 calories. Ugh. It's SO easy to overdo it if you're not cooking at home or if you're eating at a restaurant where it's not easy to calculate the calorie counts. It's much easier when you're at a restaurant that's a chain and which has its nutritional information online. Not so much when it's an independent. Though I didn't do well yesterday, I did resist two items at the hockey game that I love -- nachos (which when I looked them up beforehand have something like 1,100 calories!) and funnel cake.

Exercise: Not much other than climbing stairs at the arena when I went to a hockey game last night.

Steps: 7,225

3 comments:

Tawny on September 21, 2009 at 4:32 PM said...

My goals for this week are:

3 exercise sessions
Use the stairs
5 fruits/veggies a day
Write 50 pages
Meditate daily

:-)

My best goal achieving tool is to write the list daily of what I plan to do and keep that list in front of me.

Michelle Butler on September 21, 2009 at 7:20 PM said...

Trish, congrats on the 10 pounds!

Tawny & Trish - best of luck with your goals.

Tawny on September 22, 2009 at 3:00 AM said...

Man, I missed the 10 lb loss report. YAY Trish :-) You've worked hard for it -congrats!!

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon