Saturday, September 5, 2009

Trigger Foods

I've been getting daily e-mail newsletters from Hungry Girl, and earlier this week she talked about trigger foods -- those foods that once you take the first bite, you can't stop. She admitted that hers were chips, pretzels, a variety of salty snacks.

Me? Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and brownies. Scarf, scarf, scarf. I haven't had either of these since I started this blog and started counting calories, so it'll be a challenge when I finally do. I want to be down several more pounds before I attempt it. And then I'll need time to mentally prep myself, figure out how many calories are in each individual serving, and not allow myself to go over X amount each day. Maybe I'll get some sandwich bags and bag them up individually. :) And maybe I tell myself I can only have one for X amount of exercise -- a reward for good behavior.

So, what are your trigger foods?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl Scout cookies. Eat one... and then somehow the whole box is gone. I have to force myself to get the box out, count out three cookies, put the box away (preferably on a high shelf or somewhere harder to get to), and then sit down with my cookies. If I have to get up to get more, I can talk myself out of it.

Candy does this to me, too, since it's usually sold in too-large portions. The smaller snack-size bags are better, but I don't want to buy the jumbo bag with four-dozen snack bags just to get one small treat. (Though I have been known to hoard a few of the little snack-size bags after Halloween, sigh.)

Marie-Nicole Ryan on September 5, 2009 at 5:57 PM said...

Hmm, trigger foods. Klondike Bars are fearsome good. Crunchy chocolate covering vanilla ice cream--what's not to like!!

Michelle Butler on September 6, 2009 at 10:51 AM said...

Chips and Salsa. Almost any buffet. Yummy tasting food put out in the work kitchen in the afternoon.

Trish Milburn on September 8, 2009 at 11:05 AM said...

Oh, Laura, I feel your pain with the Girl Scout cookies. Thin Mints, how I love thee.

Marie-Nicole, yummy Klondike Bars. Ice cream is really hard to resist, but I've been forcing myself to buy the WW and Skinny Cow offerings instead of zipping over to the DQ.

Michelle, chips and salsa (or queso dip) are like crack! You can't stop once you've started. Oh, and I don't miss the food that was always in the kitchen at work. We had lots of meetings, and Krispy Kreme doughnuts often made an appearance for those.

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon