Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to normality

Have you ever noticed that after being away from home and away from your normal routine, that it sometimes takes a few days to get back in the groove? I chose not to take my computer with me when I went to Dragon*Con, so I've been digging out of the loads of e-mail since returning home. I did make myself take a break today and get outside to do some yard work and then back inside for a bit of housework. The step count is going back up, but it wasn't where I wanted it to be today. Hubby is a lot better today, so he should be going back to work tomorrow. So it should be the first truly normal day since my return home. I'm hopeful to meet all my goals tomorrow. Thinking positively here. :)

I just started reading the September issue of Prevention magazine, and there are several pieces about defying your age -- whether it's beauty/skin care tips, weight loss tips or boosting your brain function. It got me to thinking about that whole 20-year reunion next month. I really don't feel like I've been out of high school 20 years, and I wondered why. Other than not having children, I think it's attitude. I think if we take care of ourselves, strive for a positive attitude, make sure we take part in fun activities, maybe even embrace new advances in technology and styles (music, clothes, whatever), we can keep ourselves feeling younger for longer.

I write and read a lot of young adult fiction, and I've always been a fan of teen movies and TV shows. While I still love a good '80s hair band song, I listen to a lot of newer acts, too. I Twitter, have a Facebook account, am online a lot. These things, combined with my determination to get to a healthier weight and fitness level, are why I think I feel younger than I am.

Do you all have any tips for looking and feeling younger?
~~~

Today's progress:

Calorie intake: 1,135

Exercise: 30 minutes yard work, 30 minutes housework

Steps: 6,576 (will add 3,424 to tomorrow's 10,000 goal to make up for today's shortfall)

3 comments:

LaLa on September 9, 2009 at 7:49 AM said...

I don't know if I have any tips for looking or feeling younger...since I'm still exhausted from this weekend and feel like I aged 10 years from sitting in line. (Ha!) But I'm happy to report I lost 4 pounds on the Dragon*Con diet. Too bad it's sooooo unhealthy to loose it that way.

Good job on staying active after getting back home.

Michelle Butler on September 9, 2009 at 9:34 AM said...

Attitude is really important. I also think keeping yourself in some kind of shape. You certainly don't have to run marathons but making sure you don't reach the point that you get winded when climbing one flight of steps or walking for 10 minutes is real important too.

Trish Milburn on September 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM said...

Lara, yeah, you had farther to walk each day. And perhaps the diet of giant pretzels wasn't the best, but at least you had the sandwich fixings in your room. We're so doing the cooler thing next year.

Good points, Michelle.

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon