Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Kingdom for a Foot Massage

Those were the words I uttered sometime Sunday afternoon after three days of walking around Dragon*Con. I had an awesome time, but I was on my feet most of it. The conference is spread out over four hotels, though all of the programming I was interested in was in three. That required a lot of walking to and fro. In fact, on each of those three days I walked more than 20,000 steps. According to my pedometer, that was between 7 and 8 miles each day. Though my scale had crept up a little this morning, all that walking helped keep the less-than-stellar dining options from destroying all I'd accomplished. With 40,000+ people walking around, most of them hungry about the same time, you took what you could get as far as meals. I'll admit to Mexican food, a very sub-par hamburger, fries, two ham-and-cheese sandwiches, a chocolate chip cookie and even two Cokes. Next year, Tanya (my roomie) and I have decided to take a cooler with some healthier fruit and sandwich options.

Still, I felt good about the fact that on Sunday, I was wearing my new pair of jeans that was a size smaller than I was wearing over the summer. Here I am in them standing next to some Lycans from the Underworld movies.

But I'm back on the straight and narrow today, being a good girl. I'm eating a banana for a belated breakfast. I was up late trying to catch up on e-mail and taking care of hubby, who was sick when I returned. He's feeling better today, but stayed home from work to recuperate some more. I have a lot on the docket today, including exercise that will help get me back down the couple of pounds that have crept back over the past week and will get me to my 10,000-step goal. Yesterday, I didn't meet that (only 5,520 steps) -- partly because I was driving part of the day, and partly because I didn't go walking due to the blisters on my feet. The shoes for my Alice Cullen (from Twilight) costume were not kind to my tootsies. :(

Thanks to Marie-Nicole and Michelle and everyone who commented on the posts the past few days for holding down the Healthy Writer fort while I was gone. I'm off to read all the comments from when I was gone and comment myself.

Have a happy, healthy day! Oh, and if anyone is interested in seeing more of my Dragon*Con pictures (including me with famous people), check out the blog on my Web site.

2 comments:

Michelle Butler on September 8, 2009 at 10:35 AM said...

I'm glad you had such a good time. You look great in that photo too! You can tell those are smaller jeans. Go you!

Trish Milburn on September 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM said...

Thanks. I know, that photo really made me happy. And I bet if I wore one of those Lycan suits, I could sweat off a few more pounds, too. :)

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon