Friday, September 4, 2009

September goals

I'm writing this in the wee hours of Thursday morning when I should be sleeping since I'm headed to Atlanta in the morning, but I wanted to put up a few quick posts to keep the healthy conversation going while I'm gone. Thanks to Marie-Nicole for guesting yesterday. I look forward to reading and responding to all the comments when I get back.

So, my goals for September are:

1. At least 10,000 steps every single day.

2. Lost 5 more pounds.

3. No less than 1 hour of dedicated exercise per day.

4. Try out at least two recipes from my new Hungry Girl cookbook every week.

Okay, your turn. What are your goals for this month. Be specific. And we're going to have a check-in to see how we all did on Oct. 1. And if you're really good, there might be a prize involved. :)

4 comments:

Nicki Salcedo on September 4, 2009 at 7:46 AM said...

1) 1 hour of dedicated exercise per day
2) 1 hour of dedicated running/interval speed training per week
3) More sleep every night. 8 hours is wishful thinking. Maybe 6?
4) Lose 8 more pounds
5) Check in with Healthy Writer for motivation!

Marie-Nicole Ryan on September 4, 2009 at 8:04 AM said...

Goals? What goals? You all make me tired. LOL

Goals, yes, I have them. Most of my exercise will involve: decluttering. I've already packed two boxes of moving-with-me DVDs. I'm also starting to declutter the garage. Have I mentioned that I'm moving back to Kentucky sometime next year and want to have my house ready to put on the market in the spring?

So much junk! SO MANY BOOKS!!!! I'm torn about whether or not to donate them to the library for their yearly sales (do they still have those?) or to move them and donate them to the residents' library at the retirement apartment house where I'll be moving.

I plan to have a garage/yard sale once I figure out what I'm taking and what I'm keeping. Obviously all the stuff in the garage has to go.

Plenty of activity, but not really any dedicated to *shudder* exercise.

Keep to my WW diet and lose four pounds.

Michelle Butler on September 6, 2009 at 10:53 AM said...

I'm pretty much going to stick with my goals for the year - go to WW meetings and work out regularly. It's been working for me so far.

Trish Milburn on September 8, 2009 at 11:08 AM said...

Great goals, Nicki. You're going to be so skinny, I'll miss you in the crowd at M&M. :)

Marie-Nicole, you'd probably be surprised how many calories you'll work off with all that de-cluttering. That and a yard sale is on my to-do list for this month too. My "stuff" multiplies when I turn my back.

It's been going great for you so far, Michelle, so it makes sense to stick with what works.

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon