Sunday, November 1, 2009

Where's the Wagon?

First, I must apologize for not putting up a healthy cooking post yesterday. I got my weeks mixed up. I probably wasn't the best person to talk about healthy cooking or eating yesterday as I've misplaced the wagon again. The hubby has been off work for the past few days and, well, I've really slacked off on keeping track of what I was eating and eaten some things I shouldn't have. Bad, bad, bad. Amazingly, when I just stepped on the scales, they didn't reflect a weight change. Total shocker! I have to think it's because I walked a couple of the days. And since it's sunny again today (though chilly), I plan to do so today as well. My step range has varied between 6,000+ yesterday to 11,000+ a couple of days ago.

Still, I want to refocus my efforts beginning today -- doubling my exercise, keeping track of those calories. After all, today is a new day and the beginning of a new month. The beginning of the two most difficult months of the year for losing weight. But there are 25 days before Thanksgiving, and I intend to take advantage of them.

So, this week's goals:

Health:

1. Lose 2 pounds. If I can lose three, I'll hit a new milestone. We'll see how it goes.

2. Keep calories to 1,200 each day.

3. Buy version of computer program to track calories that I've been using on free trial.

Writing:

4. Complete partial and two synopses for Harlequin.

5. Begin work on YA revisions for a publisher who expressed interest in my paranormal.

So, what about you all? What are your health and writing goals for the week?

2 comments:

Tawny on November 2, 2009 at 3:50 PM said...

Its so hard to stay on track when life is right there to derail us, isn't it? I think thats why the wisdom of realizing this is a lifestyle is so important.

I just turned in a book and am getting myself motivated and focused again. Once more, I'm vowing not to get myself written into a corner so the last 2 weeks of deadline require my butt to be plastered to my chair 24/7.

My goals this week are:

Health:
5 days on the treadmill
hit 10,000 steps at least twice
Journal food, activity and mood daily

Writing:
Refill the well by reading at least 3 books
Plot my Christmas novella
Participate in online writing workshop

Trish Milburn on November 2, 2009 at 11:24 PM said...

Great goals, Tawny. And congrats on getting your book turned in. What a relief, huh?

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon