Thursday, October 1, 2009

Feeling Virtuous

I'm out of town for the Moonlight & Magnolias Conference in Atlanta. Travel days usually end up being light on steps. Add to that the fact that I went out with friends to a favorite Mexican restaurant tonight, and it was shaping up to not be a good weight/health day. But after dinner, one of my dining companions and I hit the gym for some treadmill time. I walked for 35 minutes, even ran for a minute or two -- something that I normally don't do. I got my steps up over the 10,000 mark (10,821 as I write this), and I feel good (outside of the headache that won't go away).

It's times like this when I wonder why we avoid exercise so much. I feel good physically and mentally after the gym time. I would have felt like a slug if I'd avoided it and just gone to bed. I need to remember that every time I find myself tempted to be lazy and avoid working out.

Have you made any good health decisions lately that had you feeling virtuous and proud of your decisions?

3 comments:

Michelle Butler on October 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM said...

Just last night, I went to a happy hour to celebrate a friend's birthday, and I made healthy choices. I actually ate out and stayed within my points/calories for the day. That's almost unheard of for me.

Trish Milburn on October 2, 2009 at 10:02 PM said...

That's awesome, Michelle.

I mentioned this blog in my workshop today, and I've had several people say they're interested and may come by to check us out. Yay, more healthy writers!

Michelle Butler on October 3, 2009 at 4:37 PM said...

Cool! Welcome to all the new, healthy writes!

I hope your workshop went well.

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon