Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday Workouts

Welcome to the first edition of Workout Wednesday!

I’m so thrilled to join the amazing gang at Healthy Writers. As a former registered nurse, personal trainer, and health and fitness writer, I can’t wait to dive into the health and fitness world once again.

But, before I get started, I need your help. My goal is to provide you with Wednesday posts that are both inspiring, motivational, and align with your wants and needs.

So, tell me, what would you like? How can I make the most of your Wednesday Workouts?

Here are some suggestions, but please feel free to comment away and tell me exactly what you would like to see.

1. One workout per week

For example, next week I’ll focus on lunges, the following week I’ll talk about bicep curls, etc..

2. Ten-minute workouts you can squeeze into your day

For example, something that would work for working writers with little or no time to fit in workouts.

3. Share my own experiences with working out

Please, don’t be shy and comment away…. Help me to make Workout Wednesdays the best they can be. J

Happy Wednesday and keep writing!

Keri J

9 comments:

Michelle Butler on June 9, 2010 at 9:12 AM said...

Welcome, Keri! I'm really looking forward to your posts. While all 3 options sound great, my preferences would be 3, 2, 1.

Keri Mikulski on June 9, 2010 at 2:19 PM said...

Thanks, Michelle! :) I'm so happy to be part of HEALTHY WRITER. ;)

Trish Milburn on June 9, 2010 at 3:20 PM said...

Welcome, Keri. We're thrilled to have you here with us. I personally like options 2 and 3, maybe on alternating weeks?

Trish Milburn on June 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM said...

Something else I'm interested in, and maybe could be worked into the 10-minute workouts, are workouts that target specific areas -- like hips, thighs, stomach.

Tawny on June 10, 2010 at 2:14 AM said...

A late welcome, Keri :-D I'm so looking forward to your exercise tips and all the great motivation I know I'll find.

I love the idea of mixing it all up *g* I'd be really intrigued to see some writer-focused exercises, things that could be done in the desk chair, or that could be done in short sprints between pages.

Keri Mikulski on June 10, 2010 at 6:07 AM said...

Hey, Trish!! Sounds like a plan. :) And thanks for the welcome.

Hey, Tawny! Thanks! Okay, I think I'm ready now.. Can't wait to post next week.

Sarah Laurence on June 10, 2010 at 7:27 PM said...

This looks like it will be helpful to many. I already have my fitness routine based on suggestions from physical therapists. Everyone should make time to exercise and to stretch daily.

Keri Mikulski on June 11, 2010 at 5:50 PM said...

Thanks for visiting, Sarah! Absolutely!! Come on back and share your experiences. :) xoxo

TerryLynnJohnson on June 13, 2010 at 5:09 PM said...

Looking forward to reading more from you Keri! Great subject to write about.

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon