Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Exercise!

Today, I've got a few exercise-related tidbits for you:

1. Watch tomorrow for a post about my latest exercise adventure. I'll endeavor to be witty as well as inspiring. :)

2. Now that The Biggest Loser has wrapped another season, Wednesdays are getting a new look here at Healthy Writer beginning next week. Our newest blogger, Keri Mikulski, will be bringing us Workout Wednesdays to get us up and moving this summer. I'm excited to read her first post!

3. I've been in culling/cleaning mode lately, whether it be scrubbing the bathrooms or culling old, accumulated e-mails. Michelle has sent me links to many wonderful articles over the last several months, and I've saved them with the intention of reading them when I had some spare time. So yesterday, I took the time to read them. This article from the New York Times has some very interesting information about research into the psychological link to exercise.

4. Remember, tonight is the first episode of Losing It with Jillian. I'm going to check it out to see if it's helpful and/or inspiring for me personally.

5. It's the beginning of a new month. What goals do you have for this month -- writing and health/fitness? I want to complete revisions on a YA novel and get it to my agent. Exercise-wise, I want to work out for two hours a day at least five days a week and at least 30 minutes on the other two days each week. I want to try to drop 5 to 7 pounds this month. Ambitious, yes, but I've been stalled out for so long that I'm going to really try to up my efforts and urge my body into a different gear.

2 comments:

Michelle Butler on June 1, 2010 at 10:21 AM said...

I'm feeling like I need to renew my focus on and efforts in exercise this summer, so this is perfect timing! I'm looking forward to your post tomorrow, Trish, and Keri's on Wednesdays.

I'm glad you find all the articles helpful. The most thought-provoking one for me I've read lately was from Women's Health Magazine at:
http://ht.ly/1PGRo
It's about whether diet or exercise is more important to: lose weight, boost energy, reduce risk of heart disease, prevent diabetes, prevent cancer, and improve mood.
I pretty much knew the answers, but it was still very helpful to see them written out.

I'm looking forward to see your take on Losing it. I almost never watch tv at 10:00, so I'm not sure I'll make it tonight.

Michelle Butler on June 2, 2010 at 9:27 AM said...

From the Programming Insider:

In series-premiere news, Losing It with Jillian on NBC finished third at 10 p.m., with a disappointing 4.3/ 7 in the overnights. While that will still be enough to probably beat both a Tuesday edition of ABC's competing 20/20 (#1: 5.1/ 9) and a repeat of CBS' competing (and older skewing) The Good Wife (#2: 4.8/ 8) among adults 18-49, retention out of the 9:30 p.m. portion of America's Got Talent (8.7/13) was only 49 percent. That alone makes week one a "loser."

Did anyone watch it? What did you think?

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon