Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Progress So Far

Last Thursday, I really renewed my efforts to keep my calorie count in the 1,200 range and to up my exercise. I've discovered that on most days it's not going to be realistic to get in the ambitious four hours of exercise. That doesn't mean I won't shoot for that as often as possible, but I'm not going to berate myself unless I don't exercise at least for an hour every day. I've already lost more than a pound. At one point, I'd lost two but I had one day where the calorie count was closer to the 1,500 range and I wonder if that extra pound of loss was water that I later replenished.

Here's a look at the past few days:

Thursday, April 1:

Weighed in at 165.8
I got in my 4 hours of exercise with 1 hour of walking, 1 hour of house cleaning, 30 minutes of yard work, 30 minutes of stretching/weight lifting, and one hour of mowing.
1,079 calories (should have had around 100 more)

Friday, April 2:

1,242 calories
3 1/2 hours exercise (mowing, raking, house cleaning, biking, walking, using the stretch band, and step aerobics)

Saturday, April 3:

This was my off day with 1,495 calories and only one hour of walking. I did make myself walk though even though all the exercise of the past couple of days had me aching.

Sunday, April 4:

I got my calories back in the right range with 1,153. I could have had a bit more, but I didn't want to eat too late. Only 40 minutes of walking though. The writer part of me took priority since I had some copy edits and an article due. I spent most the day in front of the computer.

Monday, April 5:

Weighed in at 164.6 pounds.

This was another big day in front of the computer. It'll be a challenge the next couple of weeks as I try to meet a deadline, but I'm committed to getting in at least 2 hours of exercise each weekday and one hour each weekend day, if not more.

1,234 calories
2.25 hours yard work (raking, constructing a rock garden and trimming limbs)

How are the rest of you doing on your April goals? Needing some inspiration? Tune in to The Biggest Loser tonight.

5 comments:

Rachel Graves on April 6, 2010 at 9:27 AM said...

Wow Trish! I'm in awe of your hard work and calorie counting. While I struggle to stay at 1500, you're rocking 1200 with no problems. One of these days I want to hear about what you eat and when. Keep up the great work!

Elise Hayes on April 6, 2010 at 9:54 AM said...

Wow, Trish, your garden is going to look AMAZING soon--and so will you! :)

I will say the beautiful spring weather has made exercising easier. I almost wussed out of my run today, but looked outside and it was so gorgeous that I thought, "I need to get out there before I spend the whole day sitting on my butt in front of the computer!"

But do remember to listen to your body, especial in these first few weeks of your enhanced exercise program, Trish. The stretches you're doing sound great and should help prevent injuries, but don't push your body too hard as you work into this new routine.

Michelle Butler on April 6, 2010 at 10:53 AM said...

It sounds like you're off to a great start, Trish! Go you.

I still have company from Easter. My sister will leave this afternoon and my parents tomorrow. I really didn't think I would make great progress while they are here, and I didn't. I'll kick it up a knotch in terms of going to the gym and making the best eating choices (particularly in terms of portion) when they are gone. It's been a nice visit and holiday.

Trish Milburn on April 6, 2010 at 2:13 PM said...

Rachel, what I'm eating will make a good topic for next Tuesday's update.

Elise, it has been gorgeous outside. I only worked outside for an hour and 20 minutes this morning. I've got a deadline in less than two weeks, and I need to make some good progress today. But I still plan to do some more exercise later today.

Michelle, glad your visit with your family goes well. It's so hard to stay with a fitness/eating routine when you have company. I know, I had company for a week, and let's just say that I didn't count calories then.

Keri Mikulski on April 9, 2010 at 6:37 AM said...

Great stuff, Trish!!! :) Congrats!

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon