Sunday, April 25, 2010

Inspiration Sunday

There is a quote by Henry Ford that I liked so much I wrote it on a slip of index card and put it on the corkboard above my desk. When I did it, I was thinking of it in terms of my writing. But when I looked up at it recently, I realized it could apply to any journey in life, including weight loss and fitness.

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."

What is your goal for this week, in your writing and in your personal health and fitness journey? Mine are:

1. Finish judging contest entries for an RWA chapter.
2. Start revisions on one of my YA books and return to writing new material on another.
3. At least one hour of exercise every day, more if at all possible.
4. Lose enough weight to get to the 15 pounds lost mark.

3 comments:

Michelle Butler on April 25, 2010 at 1:04 PM said...

I still get surprised by how the lessons in one area of my life can help me work out obstacles or issues in other areas of my life. I've actually reread my 10 healthy guidelines I came up with for myself to help me lose weight looking for answers to how to approach other stuff that was temporarily driving me crazy. :)

Trish Milburn on April 25, 2010 at 6:38 PM said...

Did your guidelines help in those other areas, Michelle?

Michelle Butler on April 25, 2010 at 7:01 PM said...

Yes, very much. In some ways, the guidelines are about finding better ways for handling emotions, particularly negative ones, and perhaps tackling big goals/projects. They're applicable to lots of other situations.

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon