Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Biggest Loser

Trish is traveling, so I'm taking care of The Biggest Loser post this week. I have to admit I was dancing around Clarendon last night trying on 10s and getting some kick-butt sports bras, so I did not start watching the show until the second hour when the contestants were already facing the scale. That is such a brave thing to do on national television.

The smaller black team (the team of shorter women and one guy) had a five-pound advantage going into the weigh in, but the stacked, bigger black team (mostly big guys) still won the weigh in by posting some amazing, weekly weight loss numbers. (Again, please remember that they are devoting 24/7 to their attempt to lose weight, and these are not results we should expect to be able to achieve ourselves.) The black team once again had to vote a person off. Through lots of tears, they did vote off Mama Sherry. In the "where are they now" moment at the end, we got to see a triumphant Sherry weighing 138 pounds. I love the inner and outer transformations these contestants undergo and find it so inspiring to watch.

What did I miss in the first hour? What were your favorite moments of the biggest loser last night?

2 comments:

Sally Kilpatrick on March 17, 2010 at 11:21 AM said...

I'm with you. I don't know how these folks manage to weigh in front of a nation. I practically close the blinds to weigh in my own house.

I wish I could tell you what happened, but Cub Scouts has usurped my Biggest Loser time. I should probably DVR it.

Michelle Butler on March 17, 2010 at 1:37 PM said...

I'm guessing the reason they're willing to weigh in on tv is that they've reached that desperate stage - willing to do whatever it takes to lose weight. I do get that, and I pretty much was willing to do whatever it took (as long as it was healthy) to accomplish this nearly lifelong goal. I'm not even sensitive about folks overhearing what the WW receptionists say to me at the scale anymore.

There could be some TBL contestants who want to be on tv, but it really does seem like the main reason folks do this game is to lose the weight - they've never been able to do it on their own, and they're willing to try anything - and not to be on tv/win the money. It's a very different dynamic than other reality tv shows in my opinion.

I hope cub scouts was good! :)

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon