Friday, February 26, 2010

Tweeting good info

A while back Michelle started a Twitter account for Healthy Writer. In addition to tweeting about our posts here, she's regularly posting links to great information and articles she's finding online that would be of interest to our readers here. Recent links led to articles about how eating slowly can help you consume less and lose weight, rules for writing fiction (hey, we are writers), how we burn more calories sleeping than watching TV, and 10 free ways to lose weight. Check out the Twitter feed with the links here. And if you have a Twitter account, be sure to become a follower.

As we head into the weekend, remember that we're here for support and inspiration seven days a week. Saturdays are devoted to healthful cooking, and our new Inspiration Sundays is back for its second installment.

And while cruising Yahoo! Health's site, I came across an article about the 10 worst sandwiches in America -- as in the worst for you health-wise. Check out the jaw-dropping stats here.

3 comments:

Michelle Butler on February 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM said...

Wow! I've eaten some of those worst sandwiches in America. Thankfully, I've also eaten at least one of the best swaps too. I agree that it's really, really hard to find good choices at Panera. I just tend to avoid it because of that.

I was so impressed at the sandwich list that I looked at the 20 worst restaurant meals. Sadly, I have had and enjoyed some of them. Five Guys fries are so darn good. See the whole list at: http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/20-worst-restaurant-foods-america

One of the ways I've combatted the possibility of overeating at restaurants - even when I'm trying to make wise choices - is try to limit how often I eat out a week. I still do it at least once a week (and often a few times) for social purposes, but you can't control entirely what you are eating when you are at restaurants.

Sally Kilpatrick on February 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM said...

Wow. That Subway meatball sub and I have been too chummy in the past. One of my biggest surprises was how evil Zaxby's is. And I could go for some right now. But I will persevere because my Wii Fit finally thinks I'm normal.

Michelle Butler on February 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM said...

I love meatball subs too, Sally! I do sometimes splurge on a smaller one on whole wheat - mostly at Quizno's because it is the last restaurant I walk by on my way home from the metro. :)

Congrats on the Wii Fit!

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon