Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Get Rid of that Butt

We writers spend a lot of time sitting in our chairs at our computers (at least we should be), but a bad side effect of that is acquiring a less than firm posterior. Awhile back, I mentioned here that receiving regular fitness and health newsletters in our e-mail in boxes has been shown to help people stayed focused on their fitness and actually do something about it. At that time, I signed up for several newsletters from Prevention magazine's site. I've read lots of fun tidbits and tips, and one was a series of four short videos about exercises to firm up and trim down the butt. These are things we can all do in short spurts, even while we're watching TV or listening to a book or workshops on our iPods or other MP3 players.

Click here to view the videos of the balancing squat, single leg deadlift, banded shuffle and side leg lift. Let me know if you try them and if you see changes as a result. I'm off to try them right now as I watch the pilot of Torchwood, the next TV series I'm requesting from Netflix.

4 comments:

Rachel Graves on February 16, 2010 at 7:01 AM said...

Don't worry a few hours watching Captain Jack will make you want a toned back side. When you get to the (very steamy) scene where he teaches Gwen how to shoot, try some hammer curls. I'll give the squats a whirl tonight and let you know how it goes. :)

Pam Asberry on February 16, 2010 at 8:34 AM said...

Count me in! As a matter of fact, I am giving you an award! Check it out at http://pamasberry.com. Thank you for your inspiration!

Trish Milburn on February 16, 2010 at 11:30 AM said...

LOL, Rachel. I tend to get a bit obsessed with TV shows I really like, and I've already watched all three seasons of Torchwood. Granted, the first two were only 13 episodes and the third season a 5-hour miniseries (versus 22-episode seasons for shows in the U.S.) but still a lot of viewing. I count myself lucky that with that and some not-so-good eating choices last week, I still managed somehow to lose 2 pounds.

Trish Milburn on February 16, 2010 at 11:32 AM said...

Thanks for the award, Pam. That's very nice of you.

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon