Sunday, February 21, 2010

Inspiration Sunday

We are starting a new feature at the Healthy Writer Blog: Inspiration Sunday. Every Sunday, we'll post a quote, anecdote, fact or other item that will help inspire to keep moving forward on your journey to becoming and staying a healthy writer.


"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved."

-Helen Keller


Let us know what you think of this new series and if you have any suggestions for what should be posted here on Sundays.

Michelle Butler has made becoming a healthy writer a priority. She lives, works and writes in the Washington, DC, area. You can follow her on twitter at http://twitter.com/healthywrtr

5 comments:

Mary Curry on February 21, 2010 at 10:50 AM said...

Love the idea. I've always collected inspirational quotes for writing so I think this is an excellent idea. I'll let you know if I come up with any good ones.

Malea on February 21, 2010 at 11:12 AM said...

The one mantra that keeps me going when things are really rough is something my elders taught me to do, and that my yoga teacher sometimes paraphrases almost exactly:
Plant your feet on the earth, feel the strength of the earth. Breathe deep, remember your ancestors. Lift your heart to the Creator. Open yourself to all the possibilities of the Universe. Move forward in a good way.

Unknown on February 21, 2010 at 1:15 PM said...

One of the quotes that has always helped me is from the poem Invictus:

"I am the master of my fate;I am the captain of my soul."

A reminder that we are in control, in the driver's seat, of our own lives.

Michelle Butler on February 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM said...

Thanks, Mary!

Malea, how great that your yoga teaches echoes something your elders taught you - the universe is trying to tell you something perhaps.

Thanks, Anne. I sometimes need reminders of this - The I am 100% responsible for my life view.

Trish Milburn on February 21, 2010 at 4:50 PM said...

I'm a great fan of quotes. They hold so much truth and inspiration in so few words. Very good ones shared here today.

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon