Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolution Time

Its New Years Eve... again. Time for a new beginning, new resolutions, new goals. That fabled fresh start. How can you make this fresh start even fresher than the starts of New Years Eve's past?

By turning to one of my favorite things - and probably yours - books!

While going through the lessons for the online workshop I'll be giving with Beth Andrews in January called Dreams to Realty - based on using goal setting tools to make your dreams come true - I came across my recommended reading list.

  • The Success Principles – Jack Canfield
  • Awaken the Giant Within – Tony Robbins
  • Unlimited Power – Tony Robbins
  • You’ll See It When You Believe It – Wayne Dyer
  • Real Magic – Wayne Dyer
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success – Deepak Chopra
  • The War of Art – Steven Pressfield
  • The Secret – Rhonda Byrne
  • The Key – Joe Vitale
  • The Seven Principles of Success – Stephen Covey

The workshop is focused on writing goals, but they are easily adapted to weight goals, health goals, financial goals, etc. so I thought they'd be fun to share here and see if you've read any of them, if you have any to add to the list and what you think about motivational books as a whole...

3 comments:

Michelle Butler on December 31, 2009 at 8:40 AM said...

I LOVE the success principles - at least the first two parts of it. Jeanne Adams recommended it to me at a workshop she gave a few years ago, and I'm glad she did.

Kate MacNicol on January 1, 2010 at 10:10 AM said...

Hi Tawny,

I enjoy reading inspirational books and books that tweak in my goal setting process. I really enjoy Bob Mayer's book Dare to Win. It's rooted in his military training but he makes it applicable to everyone in all walks of life and any goal you want to achieve such as losing weight. His workshop Warrior Writer is excellent as well.

Wishing everyone a Happy Healthy New Year!

Nancy E. Gibson

Kate MacNicol on January 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM said...

I apologize. I gave the wrong title for the book I mentioned in my last post. Geesh:) The entire title is Who Dares Wins The Green Beret Way to Conquer Fear and Succeed. The author is Bob Mayer.

Thanks!
Nancy E. Gibson

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon