Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dressing the Part

I'm always looking for ways to inspire myself to keep to my exercise regimen, and I've discovered that if I dress the part of someone who is serious about exercise then I feel that I'm serious and have better results in time spent exercising. With that in mind, while Christmas shopping a few days ago I also picked up some exercise attire for myself -- three pairs of pants, two shirts, a light jacket and a heavier fleece jacket for outdoor use. It's all very comfortable, which is a must for exercising.

Here's one of my indoor looks.










































Add the fleece jacket and some gloves, and I'm set to walk around the neighborhood during cooler weather.










































Do you all feel any different when you wear clothing that is made specifically for exercise?

3 comments:

Michelle Butler on December 16, 2009 at 9:18 AM said...

Very cute! And, very flattering - you look so sporty and thin. :)

I haven't gotten any new exercise clothes, and I need too. My t-shirts are huge, and I need some super duper sports bras for when I start running in 2010. Any recommendations?

Wearing clothes that fit appropriately really makes a difference psychologically. I just started to wear my new, medium flannel pajamas, and they make me feel thinner than when I'm wearing the pajamas that fit fine when I was 30 pounds heavier.

Trish Milburn on December 16, 2009 at 11:24 AM said...

Michelle, the clothing I just bought was from Champion, a big maker of sports clothing. I got it at Target. Sorry, can't help much with the super-duper bra.

Michelle Butler on December 16, 2009 at 11:27 AM said...

Target is a great supplier of exercise clothes. You can get lucky at a Marshall's or T.J. Maxx too.

Elise Hayes sent me a link to a place (title IX Web site) where I can get a super duper sports bra. I keep putting it off bc I keep hoping my bra size will go down. Sad, but true. I need to bite the bullet and buy at least one.

Post a Comment

 

Healthy Writer Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon