Today's new beginnings for me include:
1. A new dedication to daily exercise and attention to diet. The holidays are over, so that "excuse" isn't there anymore.
2. I've just started a new book that I'm excited about. I love the beginnings of new books, when the idea is still fresh and thrilling.
3. A new set of revisions on a book that is slated to come out in November.
4. Another set of revisions on a YA novel I hope to sell soon.
5. Daily resolutions. While thinking about New Year's resolutions and how so many people (myself include) don't accomplish them by the end of the year, I hit upon the idea of Daily Resolutions. This could be looked at as a daily to-do list, but it just seems to have so much more power attached to it if they're looked at as resolutions. My Daily Resolutions for Jan. 1, 2010 include:
a. Write 5 pages on new book.
b. Exercise 2 hours!
c. Spend 30 minutes culling from the closets.
d. Read revision letter for contracted book and print out clean copy of manuscript.
e. Work out writing/blogging/travel schedule for January-March.
f. I have an ambitious goal of reading 100 books this year, so I want to read at least 50 pages today of Cassandra Clare's City of Ashes.
g. Write my YA review blog for this month's installment (on the 10th) at The Romance Dish.
h. Read a friend's synopsis and get notes back to her.
i. Create weight-tracking chart to post on the fridge!
j. If I get all this done, watch 2 episodes of Heroes recorded on the TiVo.
Ambitious day, but that's how I like them. I always feel so good when I get a lot done in a day, as I have the past couple of days.
So, what are your feelings on beginnings? What are you beginning today? What are your resolutions for today?
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!